POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : RC4 quick summary of my reports : Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports Server Time
29 Jul 2024 18:25:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: RC4 quick summary of my reports
Date: 15 May 2002 02:03:27
Message: <e6u3eu0h9scfphre7glpfvadu0bbsvbikt@4ax.com>
On Tue, 14 May 2002 19:15:10 +0100, "Gleb" <gk1### [at] sotonacuk> wrote:
> Two remarks:
> 1) the only difference between procedures Compute_Min_Max_B_Spline and
> Compute_Min_Max_Catmull_Rom_Spline is their polynomial coefficients a,b,c,d,
> maybe it's better to put this common part in a separate procedure;

That was obvious conclusion when I wrote this stuff, moreover it could be
probably written in general form with one matrix as parameter (valid also
for linear spline) but I had no access to compiler and net to make it so I
wrote simplest form I could at that moment.

> 2) the curve can possibly reach its min/max at its ends, when t=0 and t=1.

so whole discussion has no sense ? :-)

ABX